This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have two companies, one in NZ and the other in Australia. The way I send money between the two companies is that I pay myself personally then send the money via Wise using my personal account, then deposit money into the other company from my personal account.

I am currently using Xero and setting up Odoo. The way I manage this from an accounts point of view is that in Xero I can set an account (non bank account) to receive/make payments to invoices. In my case this is a current liabilities account. So all deposits I make into my companies and withdrawals go through these accounts, and when I send an invoice I just pay it from the current liabilities account, and receive the payment from the equivalent account in the other company. 

What I need to know is how I set this up in Odoo, or is there another way to do it. I can't find any useful help/documentation. In fact, the only payment method I have is "manual" and I can't even find where to define these.

So some help and advice will be most welcomed. 

Discard

Hi John, I have the same requirement. Did you find a solution? Thanks

Author Best Answer

Kylie,

In the end I setup journals in both companies, as bank journals, and called them internal. You can then do a manual journal from that account to the one you want to if required. 

Discard