This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,
I'm working on a website selling highly customizable products (variant in Length, Width, Height, Thickness, Material, Finish, ...)

I'm planning to use the 'is_custom' flag on some of the product attributes (at least for dimensions) to avoid overloading the database with an infinite number of (mostly) useless variants.
I could use "Dynamic" attributes, but then (unless I'm wrong), I cannot use the BOM Kit feature anymore (indeed, my products are made of various components, and the kit can be different based on the attribute values).
I initially succesfully implemented a pricing based on supplierinfo prices, but had to revert due to the fact I cannot both use this and the pricing based on "price extra".
Currently, I'm working on implementing dimensional fields in product.product whose value are computed from the attribute values, but then again I will have to implement differently, as custom attribute values are defined only at sale.order.line level

I'm trying to stick as much as possible to "standard" ODOO pricing, but I'm basically facing an issue that shouldn't be one : how can we have a pricing based on a custom attribute value ?
* I can define a priceextra on a custom attribute, but then it will apply to all values
* I cannot define a pricelist (pricerules cannot apply to attribute values)
* I cannot define a vendor pricelist (as they are at best at the variant level, and all the "variants" in my case will have the same attribute combination)
What am I missing here ?
Are the "custom attribute" values only meant to be used like for a custom text to be printed on a t-shirt (same price whatever the message) ?
Maybe I'm just to careful, and can simply define millions of product variants with prices without hassle but importing them all ?

I know I am not the only one having this kind of question.
For instance : https://www.odoo.com/fr_FR/forum/sales-4/price-extra-for-attribute-depending-on-custom-value-product-variants-attributes-178937

Do you guys can share some lights on what I could do ? where I need to search ? some modules I could get inspiration from ?

What I would ideally need:
* custom pricing based on supplierinfo prices for my "base components" that are used in kits
* basic pricing based on pricelist + attribute priceextra for my 'kit' products

Discard

Hi Dave,
Did you ever find a solution to this need. Or did you have to develop something custom?

Thank you

Best Answer

Here is some paid module and this may solve your problem

In many industries product variant price strictly depends on its attribute values. Such dependency might be both cumulative (adds / subtracts some sum) and multiplicative (adds / subtracts certain percentage). This is an Odoo tool which let you quickly configure pricing in that way.

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/13.0/variant_price_system/

also see below module too

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/variant_price_extra/

This module allows you to set and manage extra price for each product's variant separately.

You can simply set the extra price to be applied on a product's variant, regardless of it's attribute and attribute value.

If you find this helpful vote for me

Discard
Author Best Answer

I ended up developing a series of modules on my own to deal with:

* A "meta" product, allowing to combine multiple product templates (components) and to create BOM Kits 

* Custom pricing model, using length/width/height price points or offsets linked to components to compute the price of the variants

* A 3D configurator linked to all this

Discard

Is it possible to see the final module in action?